To be eligible for admission to the EOP at the University at Buffalo, a student must meet the following requirements:
All applicants must:
- A New York State resident for 12 months prior to enrollment.
- Ineligible for admission under traditional standards, but demonstrate potential for completing a college program; and
- In need of financial assistance within legislated income guidelines. In selecting students for the program, priority is given to applicants from historically disadvantaged backgrounds. If in the year prior to enrollment your family income falls within EOP guidelines due to unemployment, separation, divorce or death of a parent, etc., you may still not qualify for EOP if you are not from an historically disadvantaged background.
- Have received a New York State high school diploma or its equivalent.
Meet the Income Guidelines specified in the column below (priority will be given to "applicants from families characterized by historical, educational, economic and cultural disadvantagement").
2017-18 EOP Financial Eligibility Guidelines
|Household Size* (including head of household)
||Total Annual Income in Previous Calendar Year
*For each additional family member add $7,696
Income Guidelines Do Not Apply If:
- The student’s family is the recipient of Family Assistance or Safety Net payments through the New York State Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance or through a county Department of Social Services; or of Family Day Care payments through the New York State Office of Children and Family Assistance or a county Department of Social Sergices;.
- The student lives with foster parents who do not provide support for college and the student’s natural parents provide no such support.
- The student is a ward of the state or county.
For more information please visit Financial Aid.
Transfer Academic Guidelines
A 2.5 grade point average AND a minimum of 18-24 academic credits at another accredited institution.
Transfer students are eligible for admission provided they have been enrolled in EOP, College Discovery,
HEOP (Higher Education Opportunity Program), SEEK (Search for Education, Elevation and Knowledge) or a
similar academic and financial support program at your previous college.
Last updated: February 08, 2018 4:02 pm EST