Welcome to the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP). We are glad that you are considering our program at the University at Buffalo for your university education.
To apply for freshman admission to UB and for consideration for the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP), complete the following steps:
- Complete the Common Application or the SUNY Application and answer yes to the EOP question. Your high school counselor can help with the completion of the application.
- If you are a high school student, have your counselor mail your application to the Application Processing Center (APC) with your official high school transcript. GED graduates should forward the application to the APC with an original GED test score report.
- Register early in your senior year for the SAT or ACT and have scores sent to the UB Office of Admissions. (Although standardized test scores are not the only important consideration in determining eligibility, they are required for all freshman applicants with the exception of GED students.)
- Obtain and complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Mail the completed form to the processing agency. Send a copy to UB’s Office of Admissions. New York State residents who file the FAFSA will automatically be sent a preprinted TAP application. Make sure UB’s School code (002837) appears on the TAP application. Mail the completed application to the TAP processing center in Albany, NY.
- Be prepared to demonstrate that you meet the EOP financial guidelines. When we receive your application, the Office of Admissions will send you information about how to verify your financial eligibility for EOP. Be sure to keep copies for your records.
- EOP applicants should submit all supplemental materials (income verification, financial aid forms, transcripts, and test scores) required to complete the application process no later than May 1 to enter the University in the fall semester, and December 1 to enter in the spring semester.
Last updated: February 08, 2018 4:02 pm EST