Struggling in a class?
Need extra help?
Looking for a different way to study?
Come to the Academic Resource Center to get the help that you need!
Click on the tutor/academic coach request form to request a tutor. A tutor will contact you and set up weekly appointments. You can also stop by in the ARC and check out our Walk-in and Study Group times. If you have any questions at any time, please see the ARC Director or the Graduate Assistant.
Please follow the policy below when meeting your tutors/academic coaches in the ARC.
Tutoring Services Student Policies
- Arrive on time for all tutoring appointments.
- If you are unable to make a scheduled appointment, you must cancel at least four hours prior to the appointment by contacting your tutor directly. Failure to do so will result in a “no-show”.
- Understand that after two “no-shows” your tutoring privileges may be revoked.
- Come prepared to all tutoring sessions with questions, notes, and textbooks.
- Follow all the academic integrity policies of UB.
- Understand that your tutor is not an instructor but a student like you. Your tutor is here to assist, support, and help guide you through the course.
- Know that you are solely responsible for your own learning and your academic performance.
Last updated: March 15, 2018 12:23 pm EST