Can you use some help in your courses? Not understanding the content? Need help in studying? The Academic Resource Center is here for you!
Check the various tutoring options available and read carefully the student policies below.
If you have any concerns or do not receive a timely response for a tutor request, please see Linda Zilgme or email ARCtutor@buffalo.edu.
Tutoring Services Student Policies
Walk-in and Study Group Sessions
- Students using the walk-in services must come with specific questions and recognize that they might be a part of a small group.
- Students should be respectful of the tutors time along with other students.
- Students must come to a scheduled study group session on time and be prepared.
Appointment Tutoring Services and Academic Coaching
- Students can request a tutor for an one-on-one appointment by filling out the online tutor request form or at the ARC.
- Same day appointments are not available.
- Students requesting an academic coach appointment will be scheduled for 30 minutes unless otherwise requested.
- Students MUST arrive to sessions on time.
- To cancel an appointment email the tutor directly at a minimum of 24 hours prior to the appointment.
- If a student has more than two missed appointments they will be reviewed and could lose their tutoring services.
What to Expect
- Your tutor is just like you, a student. You cannot expect them to always have the answers to your questions, but they should be able to guide you to find them. It is a team effort.
- Tutors will be prepared to respond to your questions and concerns, but they will not do your work for you. You need to come prepared with questions and have all your notes, text, syllabus, assignments, etc. with you. Your tutor is not a substitute if you have missed class.
- Peer tutoring services are here to assist you to reach your maximum academic potential. You should come ready to learn, and you will leave prepared to achieve.
- Your tutor can be a great role model.
Last updated: April 12, 2017 2:17 pm EST